Flight Outfitters is known for it’s pilot gear and flight bags, but what you may not know is we can outfit you for more than just epic flying adventures. If you’re like us you like to hit the trail as well as the numbers on the runway. Here’s some gear to take along with you on your next hiking trip.
Trekking in the mountains? Rock scrambling for amazing views? Every rugged trail needs a rugged pack. The Bush Pilot Rucksack fits the bill. Featuring thick canvas with leather accents, this backpack will last forever. Side pockets are perfect for water bottles and the large interior will fit all your gear. Drawstring chord keeps everything secure on the rockiest of paths. Padded shoulder straps keep your back comfortable for those full day hikes. Smaller interior and exterior pockets keep your smaller gear like flashlights or survival gear organized. All this for under $100!
Every hiking adventure should be complete with a survival kit. This kit has all you need with a minimal addition to your pack. Small, rugged, compact case contains:
- Water resistant case
- Flashlight with AA battery
- Fire starter with ignition rope
- Blow tube
- Paracord survival bracelet
- Wire saw
- First aid kit
- Water purification tablet
- Fishing kit
- Signal mirror
- Emergency blanket
Along the same lines as the Bush Pilot Survival Kit, this knife is an essential tool for rugged hikes. This knife is much more than just a blade. Designed to be the perfect emergency accessory for pilots, this knife could save your life when in a pinch. Features a removable LED flashlight that activates with a twist of the head. Having a fire is important to prolonged survival out in the bush. This knife features a magnesium alloy fire starter will provide a hot spark to help get things going. Also comes with belt clip and sheath for easy handling. Oh yeah, and the serrated blade is pretty good too. Constructed with 440 stainless steel, this liner locking blade has a serrated edge for cutting through tough material. Spring assisted for easy, one-hand operations, this knife will quickly become your go-to when in the bush.
When venturing out, warmth and comfort are two very important factors. Having a warm jacket is key, but not one that will weigh you down. Temperatures can dramatically change within a day hike, and the Airfoil jacket is perfect for anything mother nature throws at you. Weighing in under two pounds, this unique jacket can fold into it’s own pocket and be stowed away in your pack when the temperature gets warmer. It’s insulated and quilted for extra comfort, and features a water-repellent coating that shrugs off light rain and snow.
- Internal zip pocket
- Drawcord hem seals out cold drafts
- Two zippered hand pockets
- Chest pocket is perfect for your phone
- Take-along design packs easily into its own pocket
- Soft, fleece-lined collar
Going camping? Need a bag to carry it all? Try the Seaplane duffels. With two sizes (40L and 60L), the perfect size is easy to find. These bags can haul it all. From camping gear to clothing, you won’t need to bring along another rolling piece of luggage on your next adventure. These rugged, water-resistant duffel bags are made for remote fishing trips, cross-country flights in old taildraggers, and any other adventures you can dream up. The huge center compartment can haul almost anything, from clothes to hunting gear, and features a padded bottom layer for protection. Best of all, the Seaplane Duffel remains flexible enough to stuff into cramped luggage compartments. You can even roll it up and pack it away in another bag when not in use. It’s your go-anywhere, do-anything bag—whether you’re flying or not.
- Ripstop fabric with TPU layer shakes off water and is easy to clean.
- Large, U-shaped zipper provides easy access to the spacious main compartment.
- Storm flap over the main zipper prevents water from entering.
- Extended carrying handles can slide over your shoulder to transform into a backpack.
- Easy-grab side handles make airplane loading fast and easy.
- Front zipper pocket keeps smaller items separated but quickly accessible.
- Two mesh, zippered pockets in the top flap hold delicate items.
- Webbing loops are perfect for attaching a carabiner or securing the duffel in flight (maybe even to the float of a seaplane!)